Do you have the desire and aptitude to listen, learn and work with your hands and mind? If so, a sheet metal apprenticeship could be just what you need.
When you enter an apprenticeship, you agree to work in an on-the-job training program and attend specialized classes for five years. As an apprentice in the unionized skilled trades, you:
- Earn a good salary while learning your trade – a salary that increases as your skills and knowledge increase
- Receive books and other educational material free of charge
- Learn from instructors who have hands-on experience in the sheet metal industry
- Put everything you learn to work right away—your career begins with your apprenticeship
- Graduate with ZERO student loan debt – with educational loan agreement
There is no cost to the apprentice for training, although the apprentices are required to purchase their own hand tools and drafting kits.
Please click the link below to see the comparison of the cost of college and the apprenticeship.