Do you have the desire and aptitude to listen, learn and work with your hands and mind? If so, a sheet metal apprenticeship could be just what you need.
When you enter an apprenticeship, you agree to work in an on-the-job training program and attend specialized classes for five years. As an apprentice in the unionized skilled trades, you:
- Earn a good salary while learning your trade – a salary that increases as your skills and knowledge increase
- Receive books and other educational material free of charge
- Learn from instructors who have hands-on experience in the sheet metal industry
- Put everything you learn to work right away—your career begins with your apprenticeship
- Graduate with ZERO student loan debt
There is no cost to the apprentice for training, although the apprentices are required to purchase their own hand tools and drafting kits.